Thursday, November 20, 2008

Thing 22: Wayback Machine

Wow. I've never heard of the Wayback Machine. I tried to access previous versions of our library's webpage but apparently the town server won't let the robot crawler in. (And now I know what a robot crawler is too.) I then visited the Duxbury Free Library where I was previously the director. Man, in October 1999 we thought we were pretty hot stuff....(masters of clipart! ) I was saddened to see that photos, most likely deleted from the server, still aren't available from one of the most fun events--A Funny Thing Happened On the Way to the Library--a musical comedy review performed by the library staff. I took a look at feature films and found the b&w sci fi classic Metropolis and did some poking around in the video game area. I also took a look at the September 11th television archive. Thanks so much for bringing this to my attention, I'll be spreading the word and showing it to my reference staff.

No comments: